Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Why?! Damn You Rowell

Oct 21, 2008 10:58 AM EST

Baron Davis and Golden State vice president Chris Mullin had a tentative agreement for a three-year, $39 million contract extension before Warriors President Robert Rowell refused those parameters. Davis opted out and signed a five-year, $65 million deal with the Clippers.

"Not to keep dwelling on it, but me and Mullin, we had a great relationship," Davis said. "From the time that we made our playoff run, I was just told to be patient and everything was going to work out. It's not good to be lied to, and to Chris Mullin's credit, he did a great job of being honest, and you really don't find that much in this league.

"They said don't make it a big deal, we're going to take care of Baron. Everybody knew that I was going to be there. And I guess upper management felt that they needed to go in a different direction. There's no hard feelings at all. It's a business. I totally understand that.

"I just wish them well. I just hope that the fans give me the same love I got when I was there, because I still want to be the same guy I was walking around San Francisco and Oakland. I'm still going to be me, and outside of basketball, I just appreciate that journey. It helped resurrect my career."



Please don't boo Baron when he comes back. If you're a real fan, you should appreciate what he's done for this team. Brought us from nothing to upsetting Dallas in the PLAYOFFS. Good luck Baron.

No comments: